Operating Guidelines (Revised June 2014 & 2017)
Vision, Mission, Goals & Purpose
Sustained excellence in public health nursing education, practice, leadership, and research
To improve the health of communities through excellence in public health nursing education, practice, leadership, and research
- Develop and support leadership skills and roles of public health nurses at all levels of practice, education, research and policy/ advocacy;
- Engage all nurses in addressing the impact of the social determinants of health on their patients and communities.
- Advance public health nursing practice, education, research, and policy
- Provide regular meetings for exchange of information about current and projected activities in each organization
- Offer a forum for developing ideas about issues and the education of nurses relevant to the practice of public health nursing
- Promote public health nursing and the health of the public through collaboration that builds on the strengths of the participating organizations
- Develop and support national policies around public health issues and public health nursing practice
Members of the Quad Council Coalition (QCC) consist of the Association of Public Health Nurses (APHN), the Public Health Nursing Section of the American Public Health Association (PHN Section), the Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments (ANHE), and the Association of Community Health Nursing Educators (ACHNE). Membership is open to other organizations that have similar values and interests in promoting public health. Each organization will select three members to attend the monthly meetings on a regular basis. It is suggested that the appointment be for a minimum of two years with staggered terms.
The roles of Chair/Co-Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer will be rotated among the members of the QCC (see rotation schedule below). The terms of officers will be one-two years. The terms will commence at the end of the annual meeting at the American Public Health Association. Officer positions are appointed at the discretion of the individual organizations in leadership rotation.
There will be two face-to-face annual meetings of the QCC held in conjunction with the American Public Health Association Annual Meeting and in conjunction with one of the other organizations meetings in the spring/summer. In addition, there will be monthly conference calls. Robert’s Rules will be followed. A quorum for the meeting will be the presence of at least one member from each participating organization. If, for some reason, a quorum is not achieved, and a vote is necessary, a mailed or electronic ballot on an issue can occur.
Each organization will make an annual negotiated contribution to support the work of the QCC.
Each organization has one vote. Each organization must approve an item (position statement, document, request for support) in order for it to be considered endorsed by the QCC, signed by the Co-chairs and QCC letterhead used. In the event that not all members sign on within the specified time period, the statement “The undersigned members of the Quad Council Coalition of Public Health Nursing Organizations support…” will be included in the response that will reflect the signatures of relevant organizations.
Agenda and Minutes
The Co-Chairs will develop and distribute the agenda. Minutes will be kept of all QCC meetings and distributed within one month.
|2016-2017||ACHNE||PHN Section||PHN Section|
|2020-2021||APHN||ACHNE||New Org 1||ANHE|
|2021-2022||ACHNE||New Org 1||PHN Section||ANHE|
|2022-2023||New Org 1||ANHE||APHN||ACHNE|
|2023-2024||ANHE||APHN||New Org 2||ACHNE|
|2024-2025||APHN||PHN Section||ACHNE||New Org 1|
|2025-2026||PHN Section||New Org 2||ANHE||New Org 1|